Tuesday, July 14, 2015

7 Dyas Closer To A Positive Mind

Day seven of twenty one.  Holy cow you guys I'm already a third of the way through my 21 Day Challenge!  This little self help project is going way faster and far better than I could have imagined.  I am so proud of myself for committing to this.


Three Gratitude's:
1.  Today I am grateful for underwear!  I packed my gym bag for Friday's yoga class but opted to walk around Comic Con instead.  Yesterday after yoga I'm in the shower and OH SHIT, I realize I don't have any clean underwear.  On Friday's I go directly home after the gym so I don't pack any.  On Monday's I go to work.  Going to work commando while wearing jeans is not cool my friends. Either is taking a shower and putting on old sweaty underwear.  What would you have done?
2.  I found a kick butt meditation yesterday.  I'm definitely grateful for that.  The intro is really long and a little hoakie but hot damn.  It literally had me in tears, happy tears.  Such powerful words and in 3-D audio which is amazing.  Check it out if you're into that kinda thing, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab71jw25KlM
3.  I am also grateful for the coffee, breakfast and lunch I prepped the night ahead which totally set me up for a successful next day! 

Today's Journal:
Today I took a walk by myself.  Ten minutes of silence.  Ten minutes for me.  It was wonderful.  I am a lot more aware when there's no background noise.  Things seem a lot nicer, brighter, clearer.  I've gotten into this really bad habit of not spending time alone.  Or filling my alone time with "noise".  The gym, who's coming with?  I go to grab a coffee and I surf the web on my phone while I wait.  At home the television is always on.  I mush prefer the silence.  More silence. 

Exercise:
Yoga

Meditate:
My morning meditation was done outside in the sunshine.  I'm going to make that a habit.  Meditating outdoors is so much more enjoyable.  The wind blowing strands of hair across my face.  The sun warming my body, it's bliss.  In the evening I stumbled upon the I AM meditation that I linked above.  I listened to that for a good hour while laying on the couch.  So powerful.

Random Acts of Kindness:
I made an effort to say hello and smile to all the strangers I passed on the street.  Some people seemed genuinely put off by it.  It's sad that we aren't use to strangers saying hello to us.

That's it for today.  It's been a rough one, but you'll hear all about how I tried to focus on the positive despite the negative tomorrow.  Goodnight dear friends.  

4 comments:

  1. I'm so loving to read your daily posts on your positivity challenge! And I'm super happy that it's working so well for you.
    Meditation is something that I haven't really done yet, and I'm really impressed by your progress. But I know the power of silence! It takes some getting used to, but once you do, it's addictive. I love sitting outside when it's sunny, just enjoying the warmth of the sun on my skin, the birds singing and listening to the wind rustling in the trees. Bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forget how much I like silence until it's forced upon me. Thanks for the reminder!

    Oh and I would totally choose anything over commando in jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Over the past year I've taken to spending most of the time in my house in silence. I rarely turn the TV on, and a lot of times I don't put music on either. It's really nice. I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad this is going so well for you!! As I mentioned I love seeing you back in your space!!

    ReplyDelete